Friday 16 October 2015

Zebra Hides

Here I am happily munching away at my cardamom-saffron rice last evening while browsing Domino-- the great one that made interior design accessible to us ordinaries-- and I stumbled upon a most spectacular use of hide. I will tell you about the spectacular in a minute, bear with me.

But first I must digress. I had this hide, below, in my home office seven years ago. And now it's in the master bathroom of my home. Yes, my bathroom. Tile floors made so much warmer by the hide (and when we use the bath or the shower we throw down some Ikea floor towels on it).


I was scared to buy the hide at first because I thought (and this was eight years ago) if anything was clichéd in interior décor, it simply had to be a zebra/hide rug. But I still had to have one. A lot of decorators still love them, it seems.


When I got mine years ago, I had to seek inspiration on how to use one in my space. I found plenty.





But with décor, trends come and go. And this one, I thought, had passed. But people are still happily using their hides. Great, is what I say. While I was at Domino the other night, I came across a bunch of other inspiration. See the ones below.




And then....and then I saw the spectacular below on Domino!!!!



Mother of all that is clever!!! This is the home of one Lisa Sherry and Ron Royal. Brilliant. Do you not just love this use of the hide as a stair runner? It looks custom-made, right?  It isn't. It's actually three hides cut in half to form the pieces for the runner. So brilliant! God bless the internet and clever interior decorators!!! You can see more of their lovely home here.

No comments:

Post a Comment