Monday 5 October 2015

Folding Screens

For the life of me, I cannot bear to see my printer, supply of printer paper, trays, boxes of envelopes and odd bits of electronics like external hard drives, old laptops and extra CPUs hanging around on shelves in my office or on little tables and benches.
 
 
 

These are necessary office supplies that I may need to use from time to time so I cannot throw them out. In an effort to make my office neater I went in search of a design-sensible solution.
 
 

I have decided on an upholstered folding screen behind which I can hide my clutter.
 
 
 
How will I go about this? I have some beautiful fabric and I will head over to the hardware and lumber shop to get three extra tall closet doors made out of MDF and will also grab some hinges to connect them and will drop off the fabric, doors and hinges at my trusty upholsterer.

 

 My uphlsterer will add some padding to the doors before upholstering them in fabric. He will also apply nail head trim to finish it off. And I am satisfied that the way to go is to neatly hide everything in the corner of my office behind the folding screen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment