Friday 30 October 2015

Could I Live without Colour?


I have been living in my present house for just about five years now. I now have the strongest itch to change the colour in my living/reception room. I loved the colours when I did it. And I still enjoy receiving good company in the space but now I want a change.
 
 
 
I have convinced myself that I want neutral colours in the space with only minor pops of colour. Take a look at the space and tell me if I am kidding myself. I do not think I can live without colour. I have no concept of it. But I want to try.
 

 
But I feel sure I must deliberate on the issue for a while longer.
 

 
I love the various pieces of furniture but I would like to scale back on the traditional and make a few contemporary design changes. I want a more transitional feel.
 


 
Now, I am not an interior decorator. I am an ordinary. But I could not bear to have a stranger tell me what my decorating style could/should be. I like to experiment, collect and get there on my own. But I feel I will take a bit of inspiration from all things India Hicks and an interior decorator called Lauren Leiss. Maybe also, I will sleep with photos of  Darryl Carter's rooms under my pillow. I'll be sure to take you on my journey when I embark on it.
 
Meanwhile, it's the weekend! Enjoy!

Go ahead, I don't mind if you share my colour love with your friends.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment