Wednesday 14 October 2015

Marble and Patina in the Kitchen



Do you see this picture? What grabs your eye? Nice kitchen, nice black subway tiles, yes, this is true, blha blah blha. GAH!!! Am looking at the patinaed table with the marble top. It's all I can think about, all I see. The picture is from West Wing Home and Living. But I do not know whether you can buy this table there. So I am thinking of ways I can recreate this lovely darling.
 
Having seen this kitchen, I feel quite sure that I want my next kitchen to have pale grays, some raw or patinaed wood, this table, above (obviously!!) and marble. For a while now, I have been collecting inspiration for my next kitchen and they all seem to follow a similar theme. I love the one below by Benjamin Dhong.
 

 
Also, look at the kitchen below photographed by Lucas Allen. So clean and uncluttered, yet it is not austere and disinfected. I love that marble island.
 
 
But let's go back to that table. I feel quite strongly that I must recreate it. I even feel that if I went to the Marchés aux Puces at Jeu de Balle I might find a Moroccan happily selling one in oak that could be converted to this. The paint job is no problem. But the marble. Now that's some homework to find the right, single piece. Cannot even think of buying that in Belgium. After all, this is the land of c'est pas possible and c'est trop cher.  
 
 
 If you like this post go ahead and share with your friends.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment