Monday 9 November 2015

My Christmas Wishlist




In my mind's eye, I am as tall as Naomi Campbell with legs up to my armpits. And, I have Jaclyn Smith's hair--- from the days of her hair in Charlie's Angels, of course. Well clearly, this is all delusion, and a disingenuous one at that. But why should our delusions not be channeled into aspirations, wishes. I say all of the foregoing because I am thinking of indulging in some extreme shopping this Christmas and I need to justify it.



The problem is not so much that, individually, each is a super indulgence. No.  The problem is simply that I want them all. Yes, all. For me only.


Finally, I usually have a big Christmas party for my friends. I do it every year before I go off to have Christmas with my husband's family. Sadly, I do not want a party as of this moment. This year I want Christmas in the sun. And I want to depart Brussels as early as possible--- even before the Christmas party season starts-- just so I can get as much sun as possible. And while I do want lots of sun, I also want some cool air and maybe a fire. Where on earth would I find such a place? There, below. In the mountains of my home country.


That JCrew  Elsie Pump looks entirely plausible because of this JCrew $1000 Sweepstakes. But everything else?

So, delusional or aspirational? We'll see. I have to examine how deep these feelings run. Do I feel mild affection, fervent desire or am I simply giving over to several irrational impulses?

Do you ever get the feeling that it should be O.K. to buy more gifts for oneself?

 You can share my Christmas wishes if you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment