Tuesday 24 November 2015

Designer Love: Dan Carithers



I can look at a single room and know I will love the designer's other work simply because of the addition of one or two design elements that comprise his signature look.





Dan Carither's, I think, is a designer that likes grand scale. He always tries to draw the eye up and up, emphasizing the expanse and grandeur of a space. Curtains go to the ceiling, so does art and bookcases.






He also loves softness set against edgy luxury---in evidence, the leopard prints, velvety sofas and the chinoiserie wallpaper.


 
The now retired designer

I also love that his rooms are layered. Layered rooms always have a homey feel to me. Carither's rooms all look like they have been given the professional design treatment but I love that the rooms still look lived in.

No comments:

Post a Comment