Friday 13 November 2015

Darling, What Have You Done This Week?


Are you like me and you judge how productive you were in any particular week by checking whether you actually did the things you thought you would forget to do? Make sense? No, not at all, just me?

I feel sure I did the important things: the child went to school; though on Wednesday, I did the breakfast-walk-the-dog-dress-the-child-walk-child-to-school routine only to discover that the road was silent, nearly empty and the school was covered under shutters. Wednesday was a holiday in Belgium (Armistice Day) -- so much for my integration efforts, I can't even remember to note the public holidays.
 
I even met a professional deadline. But I feel like I should have idled more, hobbied more intentionally, daydreamed more practically. This weekend I am bending my mind to do a bunch of things that, had I completed them, would have made for a successfully spent week.  
 
I must look for hotel, tickets to Prague because maybe it is a much more exciting treat than Split (Croatia). I must investigate the proper name for that table which is in the library at Chatsworth. I must make like Naomi and do more squats at the gym so I can eat more cake and ice-cream  and be in a sugar coma to survive the children's party I will attend on Sunday. Then I must investigate the possibility of acquiring a good vintage to down while I consume the incredible life, escapades and stylings of the one, and only, Grace Jones. And am I the only one not to have read Jamaica Inn by Daphne Du Maurier?
 
What are your plans for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment