Wednesday 25 November 2015

Food and Party Envy

 
Who wants to go out? Stay in.
 
It's really cold outside, and in Brussels, it's really windy and rainy. Feather the nest and have your friends over, starting Friday. Plus, it's hosting season. It kicks off at Thanksgiving for the Americans, and funnily enough, because of the internet, we over here in Europe get food and party envy. 
 
I am not a savvy entertainer so I have no Martha Stewart-like tips to give.
 
But I do know that every dinner party goes down better when the guests are relaxed--that is to say, tipsy, get them tipsy!
 
So make your first drink the strongest of the night. I like to serve cinnamon, star anise-spiced rum and Jamaican ginger beer at this time of the year. It's sparkly and fizzy but warms the inside. And I think that when I serve drinks from a decanter it instantly puts everyone on their best behavior--sort of like they think the appearance of glass and crystal demands more adult manners. That decanter above is from John Lewis and they ship to the Continent.
 
You can also head over to A Cup of Joe's for some good dinner hosting tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment