Tuesday 25 August 2015

What's Hanging on Your Wall?



 
This foyer wall display, found at Veranda, is very engaging. I have to do something about one of the walls in my dining room. I don't just want a bunch of paintings and it would be nice to have something to look at that could strike up a conversation. There are a few wall décor ideas I like:

1. I love mirrors in a dining room. I especially love the way candles look when they are reflected in the mirrors. Plus, double the light when there are mirrors.



2. I also love one or two interesting paintings.






3. I love African masks.




4. I also love baskets.





5. And juju hats.



6. I love pretty plates on display.



7. I also think that I could deviate from any one trend by putting functional things that I always need at hand on the wall, like a tray or cheese or bread board.

 
 

So can I just not put them all together and try to have a common theme (colour, texture, country/continent of origin) pull them all together?



No comments:

Post a Comment