Tuesday 11 August 2015

Dinner Service



Actually what I should call this post is "In Service of Dinner" because it pertains to the bout of anxiety I usually feel when it is time to host a big dinner party. I want dinner to be perfectly enjoyable for my guests but not neurotically done up. I want to evolve to the stage where I care less about what people think and do more of what suits my taste. I like to mix and match.



I fall into the eclectic crowd as far as interior décor is concerned---a lot of colour, a lot of mismatch, a general theme or two, running along the lines of colour or furniture style. Otherwise, I buy what appeals to me.




And I do find that once I get home all the pieces just seem to fit.



So I never wanted wedding china. Never had a wedding registry. So when I serve dinner the tablescape is usually held together by a colour or texture. I would never buy a 48 piece dinner set.




A little Wedgewood, some pottery from Provence and a tea set from the Flea and so on.


 
 

So when it comes to serving up dinner for a crowd, can it not be a mix of old, old and some new?

No comments:

Post a Comment