Thursday 27 August 2015

If I Could: Moissonnier

If I could I would put a piece of Moissonnier furniture in most of the rooms in my house. Good wood, great old world design, colourful and sturdy enough to become next century's antiques.

1. In my Foyer:



A paneling mirror above an XIX century table would make a great entryway pair.
And in Brussels the town houses/row houses have really long and narrow foyers, suitable for waiting, and the Louis XIV-styled settee, below, is such a long time favourite it would have to be included.
 
 
 
2. In my living room:
 
 
I would not be shy in the least bit to put my black wall-mounted flat screen TV above this beautiful baby. Then I could store DVDs, remotes and miscellaneous wires in the drawers. Yes. I . Would. It is a Bernard II Van RISEN BURGH (BRVB) inspired chest. I would just have to make all the other pieces sedate in order to have harmony in the space.
 
3. In my kitchen:
 

 
I most certainly would want this breton wood china cabinet, above, and this little bench, also above, could sit in front of it.
 
4. In the Home Office:
 

 
This XVIII century Dutch dresser and XIX Century desk work so well together.
 
5.And finally, in my bedroom
 
 
I have a giant pile of books and magazines in my bedroom. They are scattered on blankets, in baskets and stacked one on top of the other on the carpet. This bookcase would be put to good use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment