Thursday 13 August 2015

What Makes a Good B&B ?



 
I am looking around for a spot for a weekend trip. I need a pretty, scenic destination and it would be great if it had some appealing points of interest--- stuff that appeals to my love of food, atmosphere and visual stimulation. But most importantly, since a mini-break is basically a runner from everyday stress I need a sense of peace, simple, clean lines and not too much bustle around the place where I will stay. A nice village or town with a B&B is ideal, I think. The comforts of a hotel without the bustle of too much intrusion and the presence of other peace seekers. I found Berdoulat and Breakfast which is in Bath. Sounds perfect.



I love that they have a  library. A nice featured spot. Something clearly reminiscent of home.




And  I love the little touches of the elegant old world. Why provide a standard water glass when you can bring instant memories to the guests. Plus the modern necessities are efficiently and neatly provided.





No point staying at a B&B if the bed is not spectacular and if you can make a better breakfast at home. If I visit I would skip the English spread for the full Turkish breakfast provided by Berdoulat and Breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment