Friday 28 August 2015

Good Styling: Creating a Classic and Practical Outfit

When I look at magazines like Vogue and Marie Claire, pinterest or fashion blogs, I also look out for the manner in which different pieces of clothes are arranged and whether the pieces fit together to form a practical, yet striking outfit, that just makes total sense, and looks like it could be a lasting, classic arrangement. A skirt and jacket is totally predictable; and so is a handbag that matches the colour of the shoes. This is why even as I find the magazine spreads to be too high art, I still plough through to find ideas of shaking up a day's outfit. Here are some styling ideas I love:

1. Summery dress with Bolero/Cropped Leather Jacket:


2. This totally practical yet on-trend and fashion conscious vest-skirt-sweater combi fall outfit:


3. Belted faux fur vest over a dress. Makes total sense for October:



4. When you want to wear jeans and still look "dressy" and elegant:



5.A shirt instead of a cardigan:



6. I can never find a good pants suit. I am talking about one that is a simple pants with a matching shirt, as opposed to a tailored pants with a matching jacket. So I have been searching for a long sleeve jumper that I can belt right at the waist---so it dissects the jumper and it becomes a pantsuit.



7. Fancy-like jewellery on a casual piece or jewellery in unexpected places:




8. High-Slit shirt-dress with a skirt



9. Tiny shorts with a tailored shirt and dressy flats for a polished look:



10.Turtleneck sweater inside of a shirt dress or inside a flirty little sleeveless for added warmth:



Also, great options for transitioning into the Fall, no?

*Images sourced on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment