Thursday 24 November 2016

No Clocks in the Dining Room


I can't remember which hotel it is, but I know there is a hotel in Nice, or maybe Paris, that has a policy of keeping the clock in the dining room/restaurant at 12 noon, perpetually. This way diners do not feel rushed to finish their meal or to get back to business. I like that policy; and I try to follow it by never putting a clock anywhere near my dining room. Dining is for relaxing and enjoying family and friends over delicious food. It shouldn't be rushed, you know.

I have clocks in my office (these are always set at the correct time, to the minute), a clock in my kitchen (I frequently burn dinner though...), in my foyer (this clock is always set 20 minutes fast) and in my bedroom (also 20 minutes fast...this way I am never late) and also in my bathroom (10 minutes fast...). Despite all the clocks in my home (or perhaps because of all the clocks in my home..) I never quite know what the correct time is.

No comments:

Post a Comment