Wednesday 9 November 2016

Bathroom Politics











I watched an American/Canadian TV show recently where the couple went house hunting and the female half of the couple wanted a house with the potential for his and her bathrooms. Not his and her sinks; his and her bathrooms. She said her momma told her it is the secret to a good and lasting marriage. Do you guys know which show that is? Anyhoo, I buy what she says you know. But then it's also rubbish. But honestly, there are days when I wished I had my Brussels bathroom to myself. It is fairly big and comes with a separate tub and shower stall. But only one sink because I know living with a dude can be like living in a frat house some days and I am not the one to be cleaning two sinks every morning.
So, these are pictures of my old bathroom in Brussels. I shall miss that space. The bathroom in Vilnius leaves a lot to be desired and so... Anyhoo, in my Brussels bathroom I had converted a dining room side board to a bathroom vanity and went all the way to Poland for a bath tub which I call a swimming pool. I bought a  mirror at the antique shop and had it patinaed and went digging in Brocante shops for those wall sconces. All the black and white photographs in the bathroom are ones I took while on our trip to Cuba--when the husband was courting me. And now onto new things....no room in the Vilnius house for his and her bathrooms but I'd definitely see about making it more desirable because as you can see below...mmmmm....no bueno...


No comments:

Post a Comment