Wednesday 30 November 2016

Snow, Old and New



It's very white and bright in my neighbourhood. It's a winter wonderland. Lots of snow. Something very quiet happens whenever it snows, you know. It's like when I was growing up in Jamaica and if we had a power/electricity blackout, the entire neighbourhood went quiet, still, ghostly. That's what happens when it snows, I think. Everything goes quiet, still, ethereal, ghostly.







This morning am still working on putting my living and dining rooms together. This time, I am sorting artwork and pictures. I have an old painting I bought at a Brussels Brocante that was hanging in my living room. And, if you read this blog often, you may know I hate extremely modern homes and I love furnishings of all styles and periods but I prefer a mix of everything (old and new) in my home. So I love old gilt frames (sparingly used) and I love modern lithographs; so I am combining the two. Once the framing is done, it will go back in the living room again. I like the idea of re-purposing the gilt frame. 


No comments:

Post a Comment