Thursday 12 May 2016

Is It the Weekend Yet?


This weekend I am binge-watching stuff, investigating other stuff,  practising my French and being held hostage.
 
1. Kate and Naomi are coming for breast cancer once again. So good when influential women draw attention to key women's issues. So this weekend I am investigating (as in, doing a lot of reading) on thermography. Am at that age where mammograms and scans are now part of my life. I have decided that the mammogram  was invented by a man, so was the colonoscopy  and I rebel! But I must rebel intelligently; and a friend told me about thermography, so I am investigating whether thermal imaging is a viable alternative to mammograms and other intrusive and painful methods of cancer screening. 
 
2. I feel like there is a gun being held to my head. Apparently, I am a dinosaur and I must catch up with the world of geek-fun people and learn how to play Mahjong. I can't do Sudoku. Do you know how to play Mahjong? I'll give it a go this weekend. I am being held hostage by peer pressure.
 
3. I am finishing off my binge of BBC's Doctor Foster. This is the mini-series that makes you judge, empathise with, cheer on  and anoint the protagonist, Doctor Foster, as one crazy but cunning woman. Woman scorned! There is to be a series 2 of Doctor Foster.
 
4. Since last weekend I drank too much and ate too much at the Brussels Food Truck Festival, I am staying in this weekend and sofa surfing. I'll also spend a good portion of my weekend investigating Mr. Omar Sy, the French Actor. You may have watched him in Jurassic World and also with Bradley Cooper in Burnt. Since I need to practise my French, I'll only be watching his French films--starting with Intouchables.

Images courtesy of Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment