Thursday 19 May 2016

Greening the Piece

 
 
 
  











 
 
 I don't have a big front yard. And I don't have a back yard. It's basically a townhouse/row house. I am glad about that because I do not do the gardening thing, you know. The only thing I regret about no green space is that my Fred has no place to let loose. So he basically runs up and down the five flights of stairs in our house. It's funny and sad at the same time. Poor Fred.

But even though there is no green space, I would like an attractive front yard and I would like to be able to make a few seasonal or decorative changes. And I was reading the blog Elements of Style the other day and I got to thinking about how you would "decorate" a front yard. I figure a statute would be groovy or a bench. I have baskets of flowers but it would be nice to add some potted plants to the mix. Anyway, I hope you guys catch some inspiration from these pictures in the event that you have a near non-existent front yard as I do.

Images: Architectural Digest, House Beautiful, Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment