Wednesday 15 February 2017

Imelda's Jewellery














In my teens my aunt started calling me Imelda Marcos on account of my trying to rival Marcos at her 3000-strong shoe collection. I took offense at the comparison, obviously. But still, I wonder what my aunt would think now if she saw my closet...

Anyhoo, everyone knows of Marcos for her bad shoe habit and also her and her husband's swindling ways. It was that swindling that also supported Marcos' jewellery collection. The Philippines' is currently trying to sell all of Marcos' confiscated jewellery and the former first lady, now 87, had put up a strong fight in court, claiming that her husband's government salary could have amassed her jewellery collection which perhaps rivals that of any royal house. Well, now it appears that Marcos has lost the court battle and the Philippines can now auction the jewellery...problem is: will they... given that the Marcos family supposedly has close ties to the President Duterte? Anyhoo, I am here for the jewellery and not the corruption. When is politics anything but corrupt?

No comments:

Post a Comment