Tuesday 8 December 2015

What Would I See: Lee Mindel

 
I have often wondered, if I were an artist, a photographer, an architect, what would I see as a rambled around the world? How would it inspire my work? Lee Mindel is an architect "with a near photographic memory" who has designed for Sting and Ralph Lauren, among others. He says he is moved by the strength, simplicity and rigour of Louis Khan's buildings; and travels with no fewer than four cameras, all with different lenses, because he is not a formally-trained photographer and struggles with changing lens. I went to play voyeur at instagram again because I wanted to see what an architect sees.
 
 
Photos from Lee Mindel's Instagram, 1st Dibs and Wall Street Journal
 
You can definitely see that Mindel gravitates to clean lines, symmetry and uniformity in layout. It appears that everything he sees in real life is edited via a camera lens and then processed-- even his rooms look as though he designed them, and then took a camera, viewed the finished room through its lens and proceeded to edit the final space.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment