Thursday 17 December 2015

The Obligatory Ugly Holiday Sweater


JC Penney

I have trouble with Christmas Grinches. As I have said before I get that some people do not like Christmas and then I don't. The holiday is a lovely excuse to spend too much, eat too much, drink too much and then tell the truth to your family too much (it is, after all, the time of year when all hell breaks loose and family members decide to pull out angsty long-forgotten slights and misdeeds).
 
John Lewis


ASOS
 
 
ASOS
Target
 
Well, here is another reason I love Christmas: Ugly holiday jumpers! Brace yourselves, because I am telling you, Christmas is not Christmas unless you show up for Christmas dinner in a big, giant, obnoxious, atrocious, ugly sweater. Don't even try to skirt the issue by wearing some chic and elegant knitted number from Harvey Nichols.
 
Last year my husband walked around in the most hideous sweater I had ever seen. And the thing is the man thought it was way cool. It's like the ugly sweater has become such a prerequisite that the universal tolerance for it has shifted to cool acceptance. Well, I'm game. Are you? Will you be eating plum pudding while sporting an ugly Christmas jumper? 

No comments:

Post a Comment