Thursday 3 December 2015

Let's Hear It For the Boys

Do you remember that time when you were like, 12 or 13, and you idled the night before, and didn't do your homework, and review your verbs, and your spelling, and your grammar, and so when you went to school the next day and the teacher kept picking on you, you stuttered, and blundered, and couldn't give the answer to 11 times 13?  You think I'm rambling again, don't you?  But I know for sure a bunch of you crapped out in class and didn't know the answer to "how many planets are there in the solar system?" But do you remember the time when, after lunch, a boy (who either had a crush on you or felt sorry for you), came to sit beside you, and showed you all the correct answers in his book, so you could copy from him?


Anyhoo, I went to French class the day before yesterday because I am making an effort at "l'assimilation"; but I hadn't been to class in maybe three weeks and so I was stone cold out of answers and the teacher kept picking on me. I was like my 12 year old self again--squirming in my seat. And then some nice gentleman came to sit beside me at the back of the room, in French class, and gave me all the answers.  Gah!!! Who said chivalry was dead? How cute is that? Poor chap doesn't even know he inspired this post.
 
I came home, after French, in the mood to immerse myself in masculine charmth (yes that is word I made up) and warmth. And, also to help you find gifts for that special, chivalrous guy in your life.

Penhaligon's shaving soap and nickel brush here. Coach reversible belt here. Crown Royal whiskey here. Tommy Hilfiger Leather Jacket here. Backgammon set here. Fit Bit Activity and Sleep Tracker here. Stubble and Stache Face/Beard Grooming kit here. Derek Rose PJs available here. And, finally, read about darling Idris Elba here.

No comments:

Post a Comment