Wednesday 30 September 2015

Negative Space


Just about every inch of my home is covered with rug, furniture, books or some decorative object. I think I must love clutter or I must love living like a bag lady--albeit a stylish one, if I do say so myself.


So I found myself wondering if I could exist/live/work in a space that is decorated with extreme discipline, economy and restraint, verging on the poetic. I was looking at the designs of Oliver Gustav the other day. And, I saw these rooms he's put together.


Then I remembered that Axel Vervoordt has a penchant for similarly restrained décor.








It's called negative space. Could you do it? Would you have the discipline, clarity of mind and vision? These are light, rather calming environments. But the bag lady in me would rebel.

No comments:

Post a Comment