Monday 25 January 2016

Summer is a State of Mind

 
Frost bite be damned! I know my friends and family on the East Coast of the United States have been buried under ice since Saturday. And I know I am headed back to rain, cold, sniffles, gray and maybe ice in Brussels this week. But I am bending my mind and making like it's summer. Starting with this summery needle and thread lace dress from ASOS.
 
When  I went to college in New York City I attended with some Asian women who used to go out partying swaddled in a puffer jacket, skinny jeans and stiletto boots. Totally appropriate winter wear when there was no ice on the ground. But as soon as they got in the club they would remove the puffer jackets and BOOOM!!! They were wearing the tiniest spaghetti strap dresses made out of the thinnest and finest fabric. Those dresses were worn over jeans too. It always blew the minds of the guys in the club to see so much bare skin and chest in the winter. It always blew my mind that those women were such savvy dressers. I could never pull off a dress worn over jeans pants.
 
 
 
Those Asian women had edgy flair. And those college days make me yearn for a summer dress I could wear in the winter. Sort of my middle finger to the messy late start to winter. Where was the snow at Christmas when you needed it? 
 
Plus it wouldn't hurt to steal off to the ABC Islands either. In case you want to wear the dress with an appropriate pair of winter shoes, check out over the knee boots at Public Desire. If you're feeling the winter blues, then take advantage of this post and  you're welcome.

If you feel inclined you can read another travel post here; or another post about me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment