Tuesday 7 June 2016

What Donatella Versace Had for Lunch

House of Holland is a British fashion house that makes fun, funky and "out there" ready to wear. They came on the scene in 2006 and created a fashion space in the market so that punk and British quirky is becoming more relatable, mainstream. They seem to make clothes that Kelly Osbourne as a teen (and perhaps now) would love. I can't think of a single piece of clothing I would buy from them--I mean I can't imagine me wearing any of their shoes. But I certainly appreciate the fun label. And then I came across this little sofa here. It's a collaboration between House of Holland and Habitat. I instantly love it. But the problem remains: where on earth would you put this in your house?

These dresses and the pair of shoes are the only thing I could imagine buying from House of Holland. But his fashion house is very successful. Henry Holland, the founder of House of Holland, said that his business started as a lark... a joke --putting outrageous and funny slogans on T-Shirts and it just snowballed from there. Holland and some other young entrepreneurs  told Vogue UK that they found that keeping their day job while working on their ventures was a good way to get a business up and running and that they found a business plan less necessary. Key for Holland's success is letting who he is shine through, never leaving personality and personal passion out of it. And he is successful. So as far as marketing and success are concerned for the 2016  entrepreneur: use twitter and intersperse tweets of what Donatella had for lunch with your pics of your life and work.

No comments:

Post a Comment