Friday 29 April 2016

What I Discovered in Zimbabwe



I made some yummy discoveries for my skin and eyes in Zimbabwe. I had always bought Vaseline for me feet, especially for those winter months. I would smother my feet in Vaseline and cover them in socks on winter nights so that when the Spring came, I would have really soft feet to show off in my sandals. I can seldom find Vaseline in Brussels and I usually stock up on it when I travel to the US. Now? Forget that! I'll be buying all my Vaseline in Southern Africa. The Vaseline here comes with vitamin E, aloe vera or coco butter. Gah!!! When I saw this in the supermarket in Zimbabwe last week I bought a whole big package. I have started to use it and I have to tell you: this ain't no old school Vaseline. It's amazing for my skin. I also bought a bottle of pure glycerine. So good!

And my eyes. Colour must have been discovered in Africa. My eyes love the paintings from First Floor Gallery in Harare. I also discovered ebony. In Jamaica we have teak, cedar, mahogany and cherry wood but I had never owned anything in ebony and I bought some ebony bowls.

Gah! Fancy driving down a lavender canopied road. Much love to Harare!  The green city without even trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment