Monday 18 April 2016

Until Next Time Southern Africa




I am blogging from South Africa this morning. I spent two full weeks between Cape Town and Harare. I had a lovely exchange. Harare doesn't really have a big marketplace for souvenirs. There is  a small little flea market where I got some lovely carved ebony salad bowls and you could find great marble carvings there too. There is scope for the market to grow in Harare. So, today, on my last day here, I will spend the day in Green Market Square in Cape Town and I may go over to the V&A Waterfront. I hope to find some necklaces and a little doll for my daughter. I am not a museum person. I love architecture and historical landmarks. I wanted to take the ferry over to Robben Island. But I am genuinely worried that I will become a big emotional puddle when I see the cells that held Mr. Mandela and the others. So I am thinking maybe I save Robben Island for when I have company/moral support.

Until next time, Happy Independence Day, Zimbabwe.

No comments:

Post a Comment