Thursday 17 March 2016

Warming Up to Cold Function

 











 
 
Do you know, I really hate modern, stark, purely functional design in furniture. Stepping into a home where everything is all Perspex and flatpack furniture with slate tiles, sharp angles makes me feel instantly straight-jacketed. Something about that kind of furniture design--austere, cold function only---makes me think "isms" like "communism" and "fascism". Sounds crazy huh? But for me eclectic interior design looks like freedom, progress and democracy. I am sure I make no sense to you. But it's just how my mind works. I am not into "asylum chic" at all.
 
But I do feel that if you combine some modern elements with antiques and traditional furnishings and also traditional soft furnishings it can work out to look less severe and actually welcoming.
 
I think I could work with some of the pieces from Ambi Home's line of furniture. Did you see the clock in that last picture?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment