Friday 11 March 2016

Pretty Old Cars!




 
 I took my daughter to the auto museum here in Brussels the other day. She was really excited at the entrance and lost interest when she was told she could not sit in the exhibited cars. Me? I just wanted the Alfa Romeo.  Do you know that sound you make when you see a really well-made handbag that's stylish, classic and just with the right shade of "all you" but the price says "move along pleb" ? It's a kind of surprise moan-shout-groan. That's the sound I made when I saw the Alfa Romeo.





Is it the case that everything made before 1990 was made better? Cars look so plastic today. And, how cute are those Cinquecentos?


So just how old were the cars at the Auto Museum? Well, the carriage, immediately below, was used on the occasion of the wedding of Napoleon III to Eugenie de Motije  in 1893.










Cute huh? Some days I really appreciate Brussels. It gets so cutesy in certain spaces. And then at other times it's just a giant old confusing mess covered in graffiti. Bless them though. They do try.

No comments:

Post a Comment