Monday 6 March 2017

Kaziukas

















Every first weekend in March teh city of Vilnius has a craft fair and the vendors roll out their traditional foods, specialty tea, Easter bunnies, woodwork, straw/hay floral arrangements, beeswax candles, knitwear and linen-tailored shirts and dresses. My midget and I went to have a look. Our favourite? The Easter Bunnies.







So what did we get? We got smoked cheese--smells like smoked red herring and tastes like haloumi. Very yum. And a Pony Ride.





For most of March there'll be craft fairs put on by schools and other towns. This Friday at my midget's school there'll be a craft fair in the gymnasium and parents are expected to make and bring their own crafts. I am making candles in teacup and mint-eucalyptus bath bombs and sugar body scrubs which I'll put in little Ikea spice jars. Seems relatively straight-foward, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment